On Saturday, the NRL unveiled the new Newcastle Knights Board, comprising some of the most prominent business and sporting leaders and community representatives from the Hunter.
CEO Dave Smith said the new Board had the expertise and enthusiasm to help secure the club’s future.
The new Board is:
- Brian McGuigan AM – Director Australian Vintage Limited
- Eileen Doyle – Director Newcastle Ports, Bradken, GPT and Boral, Chairman Hunter Valley Research Foundation
- Mark Fitzgibbon – CEO of NIB Health Funds
- Katie Brassil – General Manager of External Affairs at Centennial Coal
- Philip Gardner – CEO of the Wests Group
- John Quayle – Chairman of Venues NSW who is a former CEO of the Australian Rugby League
- Peter Shear – NRL advisor and former Lloyds Banking Group executive
Mr Smith said the new Board demonstrated the calibre of people interested in being part of Rugby League in the Hunter region.
“We could not have hoped for a stronger Board,” he said.
“It has expertise in all the right areas, including business, sport, sponsorship and Rugby League.
“And, even more importantly, this is a Board with strong links to the local community.
“So it is a Board which has one goal – to ensure the Newcastle Knights have a strong, secure and successful future.”