With less than a month to go until the start of Super League, and rugby league’s new era, here’s a look at five of the competition’s best imports from Down-Under to get you in the mood for rugby league’s return.
5) ADAM CUTHBERTSON – The 29 year-old prop will turn out for Leeds Rhinos in 2015. The former Manly, Cronulla, St George Illawara and Newcastle Knights star has signed a four year deal at Headingley, and, if these clips are anything to go by, will certainly bring plenty of aggression to the league:
4) TERRY CAMPESE – Chris Chester announced that the 30 year-old half-back will captain Hull KR this season. He certainly has plenty of leadership skills, as this video of him directing the Canberra Raiders side around shows:
3) MICHAEL DOBSON – Dobson will join Salford’s ongoing Red ‘Devilution’ in 2015. The former Hull KR captain will partner Rangi Chase in the halves in what looks like a very creative pairing. Here is the 28 year-old running Super League ragged in his time at Craven Park:
2) ASHTON SIMS – Sims will wear the Primrose and Blue of Warrington this season after the Fijian international prop signed a two year deal with the club. Here he is representing Norse God Thor in a marketing video for former club North Queensland Cowboys – it’s a pretty good likeness:
1) TODD CARNEY – Catalan Dragons have taken a real chance in bringing Todd Carney in for 2015. Cronulla Sharks sacked the half-back after that picture emerged online, but the Dragons have offered him a chance at redemption. Here’s what he can do on the field:
/ 1 day ago
With the teams confirmed today, the 2018 Rugby League Commonwealth Championships will start a...