Relatives of stars of yesteryear will represent the NSW Koori Under-16 side at next Thursday’s annual 2017 All Stars clash against Queensland Murri Under-16 at Newcastle’s Hunter Stadium.
The 20-man squad includes Joseph Gordon – the son of former Knight Ashley Gordon and Jarrod Peachey – relative to David and Tyrone Peachey.
Former Parramatta hooker Dennis Moran will coach the side as they look to claim victory after draws in their past two meetings.
The match is part of the All Stars week-long celebration which also features a special lunch and jersey presentation from the Indigenous All Stars team.
The NSW Koori Under-16 v Queensland Murri Under-16 match will kick off at 6pm on Thursday, 9 February as the curtain-raiser to the Redfern All Blacks v Cherbourg Hornets game.
NSW Koori Under-16 squad:
1. Malachi Roberts – Kempsey
2. Tyrone Nean – Newcastle
3. Malie-J Townsend – Wyee
4. Tristan Eldridge – Canberra
5. Jackson Addo – Corrimal
6. Joseph Gordon – Newcastle
7. Latrell Siegwalt – Wagga Wagga
8. William Saunders – Minto
9. Kobe Rugless (capt) – Coogee
10. Ulysses Roberts – Macksville
11. Caleb Hodges – Tweed Heads
12. Wyll Darr – Dungog
13. Jayden McKenny – Gateshead
14. Jarrod Peachey – Dubbo
15. Rhys Weldon – Wagga Wagga
16. Izziah Aldridge – Sylvania
17. Kuyan Laurie – Brisbane
18. Billy Mitchell – Telarah
19. Connor Harris – Blackville
20. Marcus Lonsdale–Patten – Dalmeny
Coach: Dennis Moran
Assistant Coach: Tim Humphries
Manager: Rod Simpson
Head Trainer: Paul Hughes
/ 2 days ago
As the National Rugby League season draws closer, we look at how the St....
/ 3 days ago
Widnes Vikings head coach Denis Betts spoke of his pride despite defeat, as his...
/ 3 days ago
Warrington Wolves head coach Steve Price insisted that his side can start their season...