Other than Macklemore singing Same Love, the biggest debate surrounding the NRL Grand Final is which team is the neutral going to go for? With no Sydney teams, New South Welshman are still tossing up who they’re going to support tomorrow night. But before you make your decision, find out all you need to know about tomorrow’s Grand Final.
- Paul Green has named 12 of the 17 players who were a part of the 2015 Grand Final winning squad.
- While Craig Bellamy has named 11 players who played in last year’s Grand Final
- Dale Finucane has lost all three deciders he has played in and if the Storm lose he will become just the second player to lose four Grand Finals.
- Jason Taumalolo needs just 54 metres to become the first forward to run over 5000 metres in a season, and just the second in history
- Melbourne v North Queensland is the 18th Grand Final combination in the NRL era. Only the Storm and Manly (2007 & 2008) have played each other in a final more than once
- This is Melbourne’s eighth Grand Final is the NRL decider. The Roosters have played in six.
- Only three times has the Dally M Player of the Year won the Grand Final in the same year.
Melbourne have a chance to send Cooper Cronk out a champion and help go down as the best team in NRL history, but North Queensland will be out to end their fairytale season on a high.
Expect the Storm to have too much class, and big game experience for the spirited Cowboys.