In just under two weeks time the 2018 Ladbrokes Challenge Cup will get underway with twenty-four first round ties.
The teams looking to advance to round two include English amateur clubs, Armed Forces sides, British Police and University rugby league teams.
Last year’s fairy tale story was Haydock ARLFC who made it through to the fourth round before bowing out to League 1 side Oldham Roughyeds at Bower Fold. Will any of the amateur sides emulate their 2017 story?
At the end of the day, it’s likely that one of the twelve Super League clubs which will fight it out to win the 117th Challenge Cup.
2018 LADBROKES CHALLENGE CUP DRAW
British Army v Milford Marlins
Distington v Queens
East Leeds v Thornhill Trojans
Featherstone Lions v Skirlaugh
Hunslet Club Parkside v Valley Cougars
Hunslet Warriors v Wath Brow Hornets
Kells v British Police
Leigh Miners Rangers v Myton Warriors
Lock Lane v Hindley
London Chargers v Hammersmith Hills Hoists
Loughborough University v Bradford Dudley Hill
Millom v Strathmore Silverbacks
Orrell St James v Northampton Demons
Oulton Raiders v Siddal
Rochdale Mayfield v CrosfieldsLock Lane v Hindley
Royal Air Force v Drighlington
Royal Navy v Normanton Knights
Saddleworth Rangers v Thatto Heath Crusaders
Shaw Cross Sharks v Beverley
Underbank Rangers v Batley Boys
University of Hull v Hensingham
Wallsend Eagles v Pilkington Recs
West Hull v Longhorns RL
York Acorn v Askam
- Round 1 takes place between January 27 and 28
- Round 2 takes place between February 10 and 11
- Round 3 takes place between February 24 and 25 with League 1 sides entering at this stage
- Round 4 takes place between March 17 and 18 with Championship sides entering at this stage
- Round 5 takes place between April 21 and 22 with Super League Qualifiers top 4 entering at this stage
- Round 6 takes place between May 12 and 13 with Super League top 8 sides entering at this stage
- Quarter-Finals take place between June 2 and 3
- Semi-Finals take place between August 4 and 5
- The Challenge Cup Final will be played on August 25
2018 LADBROKES CHALLENGE CUP PREDICTIONS
Here’s who our talented writers think will take out the Challenge Cup:
Sean Hayes – Warrington Wolves
Ben Reid – Wigan Warriors
Jordan Weir – Castleford Tigers
Jack Harbidge – St Helens RLFC
Charlotte Fletcher – Hull FC
James Messenger – Wigan Warriors
Josh McAllister – Wakefield Trinity
Click on a team and select vote to predict who will win
/ 17 hours ago
As the start of the 2018 campaign edges closer and closer, we look at...
/ 1 day ago
2nd-placed Wigan Warriors travel to the Halliwell Jones Stadium to face Steve Price’s Warrington-...
/ 1 day ago
As a full round of Betfred Super League fixtures return, Salford Red Devils welcome...
/ 1 day ago
On Friday night at John Smith’s Stadium, ladder-leading St Helens will take on Huddersfield...