Super League match review: Hull FC 18-18 Castleford Tigers


Hull FC 18

Tries: Talanoa, Abdull, Yeaman

Goals: Rankin 3/3

Castleford Tigers 18

Tries: Shenton, Sneyd, Clare 2

Goals: Sneyd 1/4

Match Review

Hull FC are still without a home win since Easter as Castleford Tigers fought back from 18-4 behind to draw for the second week running 18-18.

James Clare’s late double gave Castleford the chance to win it but Sneyd had an off night with the boot and his missed conversion with two minutes to go meant that the game would finish in a draw.

Hull dominated for the majority of the game and will be disappointed to come away without the full two points as they couldn’t put the game to bed. It was a massive turnaround from last week’s display against Wigan and they will be looking to end the season well.

Castleford showed good determination late on to fight back but won’t be happy with the amount of ball they put to ground. Shenton impressed once again as he continued his brilliant form and Sneyd produced the spark just when his side needed it to earn a point.

The first try came after relentless pressure from the home side Hull and they went ahead after an offload on the right hand side was shifted to the opposite flank for winger Talanoa to score.

Castleford hit back soon after though when Sneyd exploited a gap in the Hull defence before finding supporting Shenton who juggled the ball before gathering it to score.

The Tigers couldn’t kick on from that score and continued to put the ball to ground.

It wasn’t the same Cas that drew with Leeds the week before but it wasn’t the same Hull who were hammering by Wigan either as they looked hungry for a first home win since Easter.

They went into the break 12-4 ahead thanks to young halfback Abdull who fooled the Tigers defence with a dummy before barging over despite the best attempts of Dorn.

The second half started as it finished as Castleford coughed up possession near their own line and Kirk Yeaman capitalised when he sliced his way through the defence out wide to score.

Castleford forced their way back into the game when Shenton, who has been brilliant this season, broke down the wing before offloading well inside to the supporting Sneyd to set up a tense end to the game.

They then went back to back when a clever kick from Sneyd found its way to the on rushing winger Clare, who had the pace to finish in the corner and put his side four points behind with just five minutes remaining.

Hull FC were stunned when James Clare was in again to level the scores when a Sneyd kick early in the count fell to the winger and he finished well in the corner to leave Sneyd a kick to win it.

He couldn’t convert from the touchline though as the game ended 18-18 with the home side kicking themselves however, the fans will be happy with the improvement on last week.

Other Articles

Leave a Reply

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Translate »