Here’s the betting and stats preview for the Round 14 Super Saturday matches featuring the Raiders and Broncos at GIO Stadium.
Reproduced with permission from TheGurgler.com
CRONULLA SHARKS v GOLD COAST TITANS
Two surfside teams go head-to-head and in first Super Saturday matches featuring all three Queensland teams, which isn’t probably that super given how terrible at least two of them are going. Cronulla need to keep winning to stay in the top eight, although given the form of the chasing pack, maybe they don’t. The Titans are one of those teams chasing so could cement their place as best Queensland team with a win here.
QUICK MATCH FACTS
- Prior to last weekend’s win over the Cowboys, the Titans had won just once in 15 matches in August.
- Cronulla have won six games straight against non-Sydney opposition in August.
- A slight movement towards the Gold Coast (and why not), they are the best team from Queensland at the moment in the NRL.
- Cronulla may have won the last four games between these sides, but their record at home to the Gold Coast isn’t great. They did win the last at Shark Park 20-6 last season, but in the five games prior to that the Titans have won three, with the losing margin on the other two games being small (5pts, 2pts). Taking the ten points start for the Titans seems like good business.
- While the average points scored in these games matches the total points mark for this weekend (43.5), the last two games between these sides in Sydney have been well under the 40 point mark.
- With the Sharks scoring the first try more than double the times the Titans do, you have to give them more consideration for first try scorer. Braden Hamlin-Uele is proving to be an unlikely source of first points, having done so three times this season. Wingers feature plenty too, so we’re going with Sione Katoa to cross the line first this weekend.
- Since the Gold Coast are twice as likely to score last than first, and Phillip Sami is on fire for scoring last you can’t see why he can’t back it up this weekend. Or at least a second half try.
THE FINAL SAY SAME GAME MULTI
Total Points Under 43.5
Gold Coast +9.5 start
Braden Hamlin-Uele to score anytime
Sione Katoa to score anytime first half
Phillip Sami to score anytime second half
GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY: Gambling Help Online – https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/
Next page: North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs