Here is the betting and stats preview for Round 14 Sunday games featuring the Newcastle Knights versus the Manly Sea Eagles, and Wests Tigers taking on Canterbury Bulldogs.
Reproduced with permission from TheGurgler.com
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS Vs MANLY SEA EAGLES
An interesting Sunday clash and somehow the Knights are red hot favourites going into this one. There seems to be value with Manly.
QUICK MATCH FACTS
- Manly have the best winning record on a Sunday since 2011 at 67% and have scored the most points on average with 24 points.
- Newcastle have won just two of their last 14 home games on a Sunday going back to 2016.
- Despite Manly missing a few key players, the odds for Newcastle seems a little thin. Manly have a decent record in Newcastle (3 from 5 since 2011 and a one points loss) and their respective 2020 form isn’t too far apart. Taking Manly with 7.5 start seems shrewd enough.
- The 40.5 total points look a little ambitious, so look for the unders. Only two games since 2015 between these sides has cleared the 40.5 mark.
- Both teams are around the 50% mark for scoring the first try, but crucially Manly are without their main source in Tom Trbojevic. Given it may be a tight affair, perhaps a Curtis Sironen or Joel Thompson could be value first scorers.
- Newcastle are currently more likely to score the last try, and the Knights do score more in the second half 62% of the time, so going with Newcastle for last seems prudent.
THE FINAL SAY SAME GAME MULTI
Manly +8.5 start
Curtis Sironen to score anytime
Gehamat Shibasaki to score the last Newcastle try
Next page: Wests Tigers vs Canterbury Bulldogs