Here is the betting and stats preview for the Round 16 opener between the Parramatta Eels and South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Reproduced with permission from TheGurgler.com
PARRAMATTA EELS v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Better to be lucky than good, as the NRL have lucked in with Thursday night’s clash a good one between two in-form sides with minimal injuries. Although, not expecting the same amount of first half fireworks from Souths this week, nor the same amount of zero from Parramatta’s defense. One wonders with all the hype around the Anthony Seibold sacking in Brisbane whether both coaches here feel a little bit of satisfaction. Arthurs because his club continued their faith in him despite a last placed finish and general disappointment, and Wayne Bennett because it’s Anthony Seibold..
QUICK MATCH FACTS
- Souths have won the only Thursday night clash between these sides.
- Parramatta have lost only four of their first 20 games at Bankwest Stadium. However they have lost two of their last three matches at home to Sydney based sides. Souths have won their last two games there against Sydney sides, but their overall record at Bankwest is 50%.
- Since lockdown, Parramatta’s result have followed a pattern – (Earliest game first) WWWLWWWLWWWLW….so Parra aren’t due another loss yet.
- The Eels have won all four Thursday games this season.
- Souths are on a run of four straight wins over Sydney sides.
- Small one cent movement towards and away from Parramatta is fair enough based on ladder position, but the way Souths destroyed Manly last weekend, you think they’d have a few more friends.
- All but one of the matches between these sides have finished with 38 points or more, so taking on the 38.5 total points line appears to be a risk worth taking.
- Games featuring Souths have scored 56 or more points in three of the last four matches and managed 38 points alone in the first half last weekend.
- Games involving Parramatta have only passed 30 points once in the last four games.
- Souths have won the first half 60% of the time this season while Parramatta have won the second half 67% this season.
- Parramatta have won 73% of their second halves this season, so a South Sydney first half-Parramatta second half multi is worth a look.
- Parramatta have scored first on 11 occasions compared to Souths’ seven.
- No winger has scored first for Parramatta this season. One winger hasn’t scored at all.
- Wingers have scored last in 67% of Souths games this season, either for or against the Bunnies.
- Centres could be the way to go for first try scorer.
- No Gagai or Johnston for Souths means some real try scoring power is missing, and Souths probably best avoided for 1st and last scorers.
THE FINAL SAY SAME GAME MULTI
Souths +6.5 start
Total Points – Over 38.5
Souths +3.5 start 1st Half
Parramatta -3.5 start 2nd Half
Waqa Blake to score anytime
GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY: Gambling Help Online – https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/