Here’s a look at the Super League week, including results from Round 13 of the competition.
Super League Week in the News
- Hull Kingston Rovers have injury concerns over Will Dagger, Matty Storton and Ethan Ryan (season ending wrist injury) ahead of the weekend’s round of matches.
- Hull Kingston Rovers halfback Jamie Ellis has been cleared by the RFL of an alleged bite in his side’s Challenge Cup loss to Leeds Rhinos over the weekend.
- Huddersfield Giants Adam O’Brien is ruled out for the rest of 2020 with a neck injury.
- Plans to allow fans back into Super League matches has been scrapped due to a rise of COVID cases in the United Kingdom.
- Super League Weekly COVID testing results return four positive tests, two players and two staff.
- Wakefield Trinity consider sending their squad into lockdown after two positive cases and a further seven players isolated.
- Mark Flanagan to retire from rugby league at the end of 2020.
- Harry Newman suffers suspected double leg break in Leeds Rhinos win over Hull Kingston Rovers and is set to miss six months.
- Halifax FC’s Brandon Moore loaned to Huddersfield Giants for the remainder of 2020.
- Tom Gilmore and Olly Ashall-Bott join Salford Red Devils on loan for the remainder of 2020.
- The RFL have deferred a decision on Toronto Wolfpack’s admission into the 2021 Super League season until October 23.
Match Day Key Points
- Leeds Rhinos thrash Hull Kingston Rovers 41-16 in their second win over the club in the space of a week.
- 350 gamer Kevin Brown leads Salford Red Devils to victory over 28-22, recording their third win of the campaign.
- Huddersfield Giants leap ahead of Castleford Tigers on the League table following their 31-19 win.
- Warrington Wolves make it nine straight wins following their 30-16 win over Catalans Dragons. The Dragons just making the game in time after flight conditions delayed their trip out of Perpignan.
- Wigan Warriors fought from 0-12 down to account for Wakefield Trinity 28-16 thanks to a brace from Bevan French.
- Jamie Shaul 100 career tries for Hull FC.
- Bill Tupou 100 career game milestone for Wakefield Trinity.
- Kris Welham 250 career game milestone.
- Kevin Brown 350 career game milestone.
- Elliot Minchella 150 career game milestone.
- Will Tate Super League debut for Hull Kingston Rovers.
Match Day Player Stats
- Leeds Rhinos: Ash Handley 193 run metres, 8 tackle bursts; Richie Myler 3 try assists.
- Hull FC: Danny Houghton 60 tackles; Josh Griffin 195 run metres.
- Salford Red Devils: Dan Sarginson 197 run metres.
- Huddersfield Giants: Jermaine McGillvary 3 tries; Michael Lawrence 50 tackles.
1. Warrington 75% (pd 110), 2. Wigan 75% (pd 97), 3. Saints 72.73% (pd 168), 4. Leeds 70% (pd 65), 5. Catalans 55.56% (pd 45), 6. Huddersfield 50% (pd -25), 7. Castleford 41.67% (pd -15), 8. Hull FC 41.67% (pd -76), 9. Salford 30% (pd -81), 10. Hull KR 18.18% (pd -139), 11. Wakefield 18.18% (pd -149).
Note: Toronto Wolfpack withdrew from the 2020 season on July 20.
Next Week’s Fixtures
Tuesday September 29: 5:30pm Warrington Wolves vs Catalans Dragons, 7:45pm Wigan Warriors vs St Helens – AJ Bell Stadium
Wednesday September 30: 5:30pm Huddersfield Giants vs Hull Kingston Rovers – John Smith’s Stadium, 6pm Leeds Rhinos vs Catalans Dragons – Headingley.
Thursday October 1: 7:45pm Castleford Tigers vs Hull FC – Mend-a-Hose Jungle.
Challenge Cup Semi-Finals
Saturday October 3: 2:30pm Leeds Rhinos vs Wigan Warriors, 5pm Salford Red Devils vs Warrington Wolves – Totally Wicked Stadium.
to be advised.
ROUND 13 TEAM LISTS
Hull Kingston Rovers Vs Leeds Rhinos
Hull FC Vs Salford Red Devils
Castleford Tigers Vs Huddersfield Giants
Warrington Wolves Vs Catalans Dragons