Here is the betting and stats preview for the opening finals clash between minor premier Penrith and the Roosters.
Reproduced with permission from TheGurgler.com.
PENRITH PANTHERS Vs SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Penrith Panthers have dominated the 2020 home and away season, but the Roosters appear to be still trading on their finals football success betting wise. Despite the thrashing at the hands of Souths last weekend. Plenty going Penrith’s way for 2020 though.
QUICK MATCH FACTS
- Penrith have won the last two matches at Penrith Stadium against the Roosters. But the Roosters won the only Friday clash there between these sides since 1998.
- The Roosters have won the last four clashes on a Friday night going back to August 2004 with a scoreline of 36-150.
- Penrith have won their last six games in September.
- Penrith have lost just once against Sydney teams this season and Roosters have lost three.
- The record is 50-50 for games kicking off between 7 and 8, at Penrith Stadium, September clashes, and night matches since 1998.
- Slight betting movement in for the Panthers earlier in the week, but has drifted out a touch on Thursday. It is the weekend’s closest betting clash.
- These teams have conceded more than 18 points for a combined seven times from their 40 matches this season, and with finals football, this means the 36.5 total points is in play and an interesting bet.
- 36 points has only been breached twice in the last nine games between these sides.
- The margin line of 2.5 appears to be a ‘why bother’?
- Penrith have won 80% of their points in the first half this season.
- Penrith scored slightly less points in the second half than the first half. The Roosters have won 50% of their second halves, so perhaps the Roosters take the second half odds for the Roosters.
- These two sides lead the competition for first try scoring. Penrith only failed to score first in Rounds 1, 16 and 17. The Roosters scoring first on 15 occasions this season.
- The stats point towards either a Penrith winger or a Morris brother for first try scorer.
- Penrith have been less efficient scoring the last try, but have ramped it up in the last five weeks, scoring last in four of the last five matches as they rode high on the confidence of the minor looming premiership. Given how the Roosters gave up last weekend, the Panthers should be team to follow for last try.
- Viliame Kikau is the choice for last try, there were a lot of tries down that side of the field last weekend against the Roosters.
THE FINAL SAY SAME GAME MULTI
Penrith to win
Total Points – Under 37.5
Josh Morris – Anytime Try Scorer
Viliame Kikau – Last Penrith Try Scorer
Penrith Panthers -2.5 start for First Half.
GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY: Gambling Help Online – https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/
Odds as at Thu 1st Oct 3:00pm