2020 NRL Prelim Final Betting Tips, Storm Vs Eels
Here is the betting and stats preview for the finals clash between Melbourne Storm and Parramatta Eels.
Reproduced with permission from TheGurgler.com.
MELBOURNE STORM Vs PARRAMATTA EELS
Melbourne rested almost an entire side last weekend, and the Eels look like they could have rested an entire side the last month or so. Parramatta look like they are letting another golden premiership chance slip, while the Melbourne machine rolls on, despite the off field distractions.
QUICK MATCH FACTS
- Melbourne have lost just once in 11 matches when they have been the home side in Queensland.
- The Storm have also lost just once in 23 games in Queensland going back through the last five seasons.
- Melbourne’s matches against Sydney teams follow a pattern this season – (most recent first) LWWWLWWWLWWW.
- Last season Melbourne played Parramatta twice on a Saturday. They won both by a combined score of 96-10.
- Melbourne have won all five September clashes, which previously means finals football.
- Only two of the last nine clashes between Melbourne and Parramatta have seen more than 40 points, so under 38.5 could be the bet here.
- Although, Melbourne’s games at Suncorp have seen more than the 38.5 total points in the last nine games.
- We’ll err on the side of Melbourne’s awesome Queensland form.
- Both sides are reasonably even for scoring first and last, with the Eels with a one try advantage for first, and the Storm ahead for last try scoring by one.
- Centres have scored three of the seven first tries against Melbourne this season, Michael Jennings leads the Eels’ first try scoring this season. Wingers have four of the six first tries against the Eels. Perhaps Josh Addo-Carr might bookend the try scoring this weekend.
- Wingers have scored five time in nine matches where the Eels have conceded the last try, which leans toward the leading last try scorer in this match – Josh Addo-Carr – grabbing a fifth last try for the season.
THE FINAL SAY SAME GAME MULTI
Melbourne -13.5 start
Total Match Points Over 38.5
Jahrome Hughes – Anytime Try Scorer
Josh Addo-Carr to score 2+ Tries
Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to score a 2nd half try
GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY: Gambling Help Online – https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/
FINALS WEEK 1 PREVIEW | Canberra Raiders Vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks