Super 8s Round Four Review

Super 8s Round Four Review


Hull FC seemed to have a Challenge Cup hangover as they fell to a loss on Thursday night. The black and whites won at Wembley last weekend, and it seemed to have taken its toll, despite scoring a handful of tries on the night.

Burrow, Singleton, Sutcliffe, Garbutt, Cuthbertson and Parcell were all on the scoresheet as Leeds completed a twelfth successive defeat at Headingley. Michaels, Taylor, Washbrook and Bowden with the tries for Hull but they lacked the lungs to get the win. Hull now prepare to face Wigan once again this Friday.


Wigan bounced back from a defeat at Wembley to complete a delightful derby day at the Totally Wicked Stadium. The Warriors looked much more inventive and positive in attack, as they flew to an early lead through two Oliver Gildart tries.

Saints got themselves back in it, as Ben Barba scored a controversial debut try. Zeb Taia and Tommy Makinson provided some good work to give Saints a glimmer of hope but Wigan were equal to it with Anthony Gelling and George Williams also crossing in the second half.

Wigan were always one step ahead, taking the win and another step towards finishing in the top four. Wigan are just one-point of reaching the top half with three games left in the Super 8s.


Wakefield thrashed Salford on their own back yard as they fought to hang on to fourth spot in the table. The scores were tied at 12-12 on 30 minutes, with the game looking tight but Trinity turned on the style as they went on a rout of 30-unanswered points.

Salford got the last of the match through Tyrone McCarthy, but it was too little too late for a Sorry Salford. Jacob Miller added a one-pointer just before the hooter to rub some salt in the wounds of a strong defeat for the Red Devils.

Wakefield grasp onto a top four spot, as they prepare to face St Helens on Thursday.


Castleford once again looked head and feet above the rest as they ground out a win against Huddersfield.

Jake Webster opened the scoring for Castleford, before Ollie Roberts and Paul Clough went over for Huddersfield, a Jordan Rankin penalty put the Giants 12-6 to the good at half-time. The Tigers showed some fight in the second period as Ben Roberts went over, before Greg Eden bagged his 36th league try of the season. Luke Gale also got in on the action, converting his own try. McIntosh was the last to go over for Huddersfield but it proved nothing more than a consolation.

Castleford have secured a home semi-final with their dominance at the top of the ladder.

Other Articles

Leave a Reply

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Translate »