Super League Qualifiers: Round 7 Review

London Broncos 4 – 41 Leigh Centurions

Leigh affirmed their Super League superiority over the London Broncos in an error-ridden thrashing. The visitors went into half time 12-0 up after tries from Matty Fleming and Harrison Hansen, both of which were converted by Ben Reynolds. After half time not much changed, the errors still came and Leigh still dominated the absent-minded Broncos side, scoring two through Sam Hopkins, James Clare before Broncos could get on the scoreboard with Matty Gee in the 63rd minute. From then onwards, Leigh piled on the points with 3 tries and conversions, as well as a drop goal from former Bronco Josh Drinkwater on what was a day to forget for the London side.


Warrington Wolves 46 – 24 Hull KR

Warrington streaked away to a 46-24 win at the Halliwell Jones Stadium in one of the dead rubbers of Round 7. The game provided masses of points, and although Warrington won by 22 points, the first half was a tight affair. The Robins opened the scoring, but Warrington soon replied and trailed by two with 20 minutes gone. Hull KR maintained their pressure, and scored another two tries on the bounce with Ryan Shaw getting a quick-fire double. Warrington, however, replied with a double of their own and went into half time trailing by two with the score at 16-18. By contrast, the second half provided a deluge of Warrington points, with tries from Andre Savelio, Ben Pomeroy, Pita Hiku, Ben Currie, and Harvey Livett. KR could only reply with one try in the second half, but regardless produced a very exciting game for the home fans.


Catalans Dragons 10 – 12 Widnes Vikings

Catalans and Widnes contested the most meaningful game of the round and it proved decisive in the shape of the competition. Both sides kept it tight and Catalans went up early with a penalty goal, which was to be the order of the day. Widnes soon followed with back to back penalty goals from Tom Gilmore, after which Catalans got one back to level the scores going into the half time break.

Corey Thompson put Widnes ahead in the second half with the first try of the game and Stefan Marsh soon followed with one of his own to put Widnes eight up. Catalans, however, mounted a comeback and crossed for a try just 10 minutes from time. Julian Bousquet provided the four pointer, and Luke Walsh obliged with the extra two to set up and enthralling final few minutes. The score remained at 10-12 after some questionable decision making from the Dragons and Widnes secured an historic win away at Catalans to gift Leigh the home spot for the Million Pound Game.


Halifax RLFC 20 – 26 Featherstone Rovers

Halifax and Featherstone contested arguably the most meaningless match of the round having both not won a game in the qualifiers competition. Featherstone triumphed with a comprehensive win away from home after going into half time 8-6 up. Second half tries from Luke Briscoe, Frankie Mariano, and Misi Taulapapa for Featherstone cancelled out Halifax’s second half efforts from Ben Kaye, Rob Worrincy, and Ben Heaton to secured the win in the second half.

Subscribe to our weekly tips

We'll send you our weekly predictions once they're posted to NothingButLeague!

No spam, you can cancel at any time.

Other Articles

Leave a Reply

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Translate »